Amit has been a management consultant turned into a business leader and currently oversees the India operations of IQVIA, a global healthcare technology, information and clinical research organization. His experience in digital health has extended to supporting innovation and entrepreneurship in India. He is an advisor to the NHA on innovation, Vice-president at TiE Mumbai and mentor to health startups.
Prior to IQVIA, Amit was Head of Healthcare at KPMG. Amit was one of the youngest Partners in KPMG and helped the firm build and grow the Private Equity and Strategy business and also the Healthcare Practice for India and across Asia Pacific. He worked across 11 countries across India and Asia Pacific as part of this role.
Amit has done his Bachelor in Economics from University of Kolkata and his MBA from FMS, Delhi. Amit believes that spirituality and fitness are the key aspects for personality development. Amit is an amateur marathon runner and also coaches entreprenuers on managing stress while being centred in spirituality.
PE/ VC Experience:
- Co-founded the PE Advisory and Commercial Due Diligence Practice at KPMG in India in 2006
- Assisted in more than 50 transactions across VC/ PE/ M&A/ Carveouts with PE funds like Carlyle, Actis, Warburg Pincus, TPG, Blackstone, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Capital International, Barings, Sequoia Capital, etc.
- Worked on cross border M&A and PE across US, Japan, UK, UAE, China into India
- Worked on AIM listing for a few real estate funds
- Assisted new fund documentation and setup of VC/ PE funds in India
- Advisor to the National Health Authority India on Innovation
- Vice-President and Board Member of TiE, a global non-profit for Venture Capital and Angel Investing and Entrepreneurship
- Member of the Governing Council and lead in Healthcare Innovation for NATHEALTH, a leading industry forum of Healthcare CEO’s and leaders